Old April 19th 07, 02:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

Default What driver is it seeking?

Until you get a better answer the first thing I'd do is delete it
there and then do a reboot and see if it comes back missing. If it
does, see if you can go into Dell's web site and using your express
code / tag, find your original drivers. If not, then while you wait
for an answer here, do a google search on your make/model and PCI
Simple Communication Controller device and see what you find. At that
point, you might be able to figure it out.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:50:44 -0500, "***** charles"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a Latitude D610 and I have reloaded all the drivers
I could find. I even loaded the Conexant driver for the modem
which went fine. Problem is, it is still showing in Control
Panel that there is a PCI Simple Communication Controller
in Other devices like it needs a driver to be identified correctly.
The modem works, the wifi works so what is it looking for?

thanks,
charles....