Old February 27th 04, 01:18 AM
lilbear

What speed are the TYs and Fujis (which, if made in Japan, are also TYs)
rated for? If they are rated for high speed burns, whereas you're only
burning at 1x, that may be why you're not getting great results with
them. If you're limited to 1x, I'd stick with finding the best of the
'audio' brands.

Of course, the above opinion is likely to change if a more knowledgable
soul (e.g., Graham or Mike) says differently. ;-P

~lilbear

In m,
Kevin McDonough typed:

I doubt my friends brand new professional grade CD burner is the
reason for the C2 errors, although I will acknowledge it is a
possibility. Neither can high burn speed be a factor as this stand
alone unit burning at 1x. So, based on your comments, the likely
cause is defective media. Interesting. Any thoughts on whether it was
a rare anomaly to get C2 errors on brand new discs by TDK and TY? I
mean, how common is it to get C2 errors on media from these companies?

"Dan G" wrote in message
No C2 errors are acceptable, C1 rates are not very significant.
If you see C2, it's generally due to poor burn/disc quality or

excessive
burn speed, or both. C2 errors are correctable only to a point.

Personally,
I wouldn't trust any disc that has C2 errors.