Old September 13th 13, 07:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mike S.

Default Brother printer report

In article ,
KenK wrote:
"Laurence" wrote in news:b9gi31F7tdhU1
:

I'm considering buying a HL 3150 cdn.
I.'d be interested to hear comments
regarding print quality & running costs.
Laurence

Not quite what you wanted but just a comment.

Have had a Brother HL-2240 mono laser for a short time. I like it. I'm
interested in seeing how long the toner lasts.

Several years ago, Staples was blowing out HL-2040's for $59. I placed
three of them on the desks of various family members that were looking for
printers. After 2 years, only one was still working. The other two had
consistent paper path jams after feeding the first page. Troubleshooting
on various fix-your-printer sites gave various fixes (like removing sticky
felt from solenoid actuator, etc) but nothing worked. Replaced them with
low end HP units that are still problem free.