Old December 25th 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shawk

Default Help centering output on HDTV via HDMI please.

wardhawg wrote:
On Dec 24, 2:37 am, Shawk wrote:
Ward wrote:
Hi.
I've got a new Vista PC with a NVIDIA 8500 GT card. It is hooked via
HDMI to my Samsung HL-S4266W DLP HDTV.
Things are good except that the screen image from the PC is not
centered on the screen. And I can not figure out how to center it.
NVIDIA control panel has a setting to adjust the size of the output,
but not the position of the output on the screen. My image is left of
center and leaves about 3/4" blank on the right side.
There are no controls to center the image via the HDTV setup area.
How can this be corrected?

Might be a daft question and not relevant but I also have a Sammy 42"
(slightly different model) and as long as I set the resolution correctly
to suit the TV (1280x720) I get full screen with no need to centre.
What resolution do you have it set to?

(Note that my Sammy however does have a VGA input for PC's which is great)

I have the res in the computer set via the NVIDIA control panel to
1280 x 720. It very confusing that it will not center on the display.

Today in fact I was just reading in the Samsung owners manual. It
says quote: "You can not connect this TV to a PC via HDMI/DVI."

I've thought about just hooking the two together again with the VGA
cable. I *know* that works, but I really want the digital image
provided with the HDMI cable.

Does anyone know if the firmware/software in the Samsung DLP TVs is
upgradeable?

Can't answer your question but it might be better asked in a TV forum or
newsgroup.

The AV Forums were decent IIRC when I was trying to decide which screen
to buy...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

HTH