Old July 11th 16, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm X

Default nvraid error Win10

On 2016-07-10 10:52 AM, Paul wrote:
Norm X wrote:
I've encountered "nvraid error" in my (hopefully fixable) install of
Win10
ultimate on my desktop. Years ago I set up a 3 drive RAID 0 storage
array
with three partitions.. Fortunately, I can still boot from the partition
with Visa-32 installed. Using checkdisk it has discovered may errors
on the
Win10 partition. My problem is well known. I need to install more
software.
An OS that corrupts its own storage is not usable until the problem, is
fixed.

Whoops, my bad. After 8 years, I remembered how this PC was
constructed. So, I removed the HD6450 GPU, started a new Win10 install
on a partition that I saved elsewhere. This was my third attempt to
make a new free install of Win10, before July 29. A 3 drive RAID 0
storage array is a construct from hardware(3 hdd), nVidia firmware,
and nVidia software. Over years the nVidia software was not preserved
by Windows updates. I tested the three partitions and only the
Vista-32-U has enough nVidia software to be safe to use a 3 drive RAID
0 storage array. Therefor to unable one more (permanent) installation
Win10, I need to purchase a new single drive to use for install.

Please someone make a suggestion? The RAID array was made from three
Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm, ST250310AS with a listed Avg. Sequential
Mixed IO Speed 59.8MB/s

It is eight years later. Please suggests a SATA model with 1.0
terabyte and 3 or 4 times that data rate?

Thanks in advance.

Well, Robert ran off a benchmark this morning.
This is a ST1000DM003. Bandwidth at the start of the
drive is 208MB/sec or so. Since the drive could have
been on a SATA II motherboard port, the tops could be clipped
off the peaks on the left. It doesn't really run all that
much faster than SATA II. Only a hair faster.

https://s32.postimg.org/mu5q1s3zp/example.jpg

It's $52 at the moment.

On sequential, you cannot go too much faster than that. More
impressive, is Seagate makes a 6TB drive that runs at the
same rates.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I just bought a 1.0 terabyte Seagate supposedly at 6 GB
speed. I brought it home to try to reconstruct my PC. The Win10 DVD said
there were problems with the new HDD. PMagic reports only 7.5 GB size
30.0 MB used and 0 free. And PMagic can do nothing.

AT startup of the install, I told it where to look for some nVidia
devices drivers. Maybe I need to download something from Seagate? But where.