Old July 10th 16, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm X

Default nvraid error Win10

I've encountered "nvraid error" in my (hopefully fixable) install of Win10
ultimate on my desktop. Years ago I set up a 3 drive RAID 0 storage array
with three partitions.. Fortunately, I can still boot from the partition
with Visa-32 installed. Using checkdisk it has discovered may errors on the
Win10 partition. My problem is well known. I need to install more software.
An OS that corrupts its own storage is not usable until the problem, is
fixed.

Whoops, my bad. After 8 years, I remembered how this PC was constructed.
So, I removed the HD6450 GPU, started a new Win10 install on a partition
that I saved elsewhere. This was my third attempt to make a new free
install of Win10, before July 29. A 3 drive RAID 0 storage array is a
construct from hardware(3 hdd), nVidia firmware, and nVidia software.
Over years the nVidia software was not preserved by Windows updates. I
tested the three partitions and only the Vista-32-U has enough nVidia
software to be safe to use a 3 drive RAID 0 storage array. Therefor to
unable one more (permanent) installation Win10, I need to purchase a new
single drive to use for install.

Please someone make a suggestion? The RAID array was made from three
Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm, ST250310AS with a listed Avg. Sequential
Mixed IO Speed 59.8MB/s

It is eight years later. Please suggests a SATA model with 1.0 terabyte
and 3 or 4 times that data rate?

Thanks in advance.