Old September 13th 20, 10:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Sentenced to be burnt by USB

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 16:40:03 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

There's also USB for a audio Mixer board, and a audio-amplifier _Fx
Module_ that is for audio instruments, I often use for adding effects
between the pre- and output amplifier stage on a couple of vacuum tube
amplifiers. I've also needed USB latency devices for zeroing out any
delays with a microphone/headphone combination, when singing or
recording on top of prior sound recordings in a multi-track "MixDown",
e.g. combined into the Mastered Session.

But, yes, that could be an issue, as when plugging the _Fx Module_
into USB2, which supplies a dedicated program interface for
controlling the module parameters (for reverb, compression,
noise-gates, distortion, EQ, &etc). I usually to leave the USB cable
plugged into the Fx module, and when it errors out, briefly to remove
the Fx module's power brick, where plugging power back into the module
then corrects the module identity problem, for the program to synch
and identify from the USB signal firmware feed.

It could be marginal USB signal strength, as you first suggested And
a powered USB hub may be another approach also to try.