Old January 28th 04, 07:49 AM
Jim Schuster

Pete wrote:

I have a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 F8 motherboard with Realtek AC97 sound on
it. I also have a complete (higher end) surround sound system sitting
next to it...

What would I need to connect this for games and DVD playback?

The outputs on my motherboard are just the 3 mini jacks. My surround
sound has every input imaginable.

Any suggestions on what I need, or what to do?

thanks

I would consider getting a good sound card like the SoundBlaster Audigy
2 ZS to take full advantage of your sound system. Not only will you get
better sound but your CPU won't be overburdened by handling sound tasks
that onboard sound chips can't do.