Old January 28th 04, 02:37 AM
kony

On 27 Jan 2004 17:26:28 -0800, (Pete) wrote:

I have a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 F8 motherboard with Realtek AC97 sound on it.
I also have a complete (higher end) surround sound system sitting next to it...

What would I need to connect this for games and DVD playback?

The outputs on my motherboard are just the 3 mini jacks.
My surround sound has every input imaginable.

Any suggestions on what I need, or what to do?

thanks

Assuming that board doesn't have digital output, a standard 3.5mm
stereo plug to dual male RCA jacks will work. You'll need two sets if
you want both input and output to motherboard, and another set if
there's a bass (subwoofer) output on the board too, and another for
rear channel. Those are handy cables to have, you might pick up a
half-dozen online for same price as a couple at a local sto

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...cgi?item=CB-42