Old July 19th 07, 07:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
TJ

Default "Non genuine Ink" message on Epson - can you get rid of it?

measekite wrote:

'Nel' wrote:
I have a DX3800 and using compatible ink cartridges.

Apparently it is not compatible or you would not have a problem.
I'm not concerned about the poorer ink quality

Then you are admitting that the print quality is not as good but do not
care for your needs. That is OK.
as I only use it for printing daily work schedules, but I'm getting
sick of the constant warning message with EVERY print!!!

Is there any way to get rid of it, short of using genuine cartridges
of course?!!

Probably not.

Thanks

Sigh. You know Measekite, we had a couple of pleasant, respectful
exchanges in a software thread just a few days ago. It was a revelation,
and actually enjoyable. We disagreed here and there, but actually
respected each other's opinion. Refreshing.

But now you're back to stuff like this in this thread and in the Kodak
5300 thread. It's really just too bad. You could have something of value
to contribute, if you didn't expend so much effort in turning people
off. But no, you choose to be... no, I won't say it. I have too much
class for that.

Back into my killfile, guy.

TJ