Old May 17th 05, 07:45 PM
Rick

"Pug" wrote in message ...

I've had an issue with the Asus A7N8X deluxe bios with scsi devices in the
past.

If I flash the motherboard bios to have the latest Silicon Image Sata bios
installed it will not boot correctly, i.e. it will not see sata / scsi hdd's
or scsi / ide cdrom drives as boot devices and just hangs. Changing the
boot order or the sata / scsi bios order makes no difference, only disabling
the sata bios allows me to boot the machine. Flash the bios back to the
older version and no problems at all, installing the new sata bios into the
old motherboard bios also hangs the machine leading me to believe some
change in the sata bios has caused a problem. I reported this to Silicon
Image - no response, I reported it to Adaptec - no response. If its old
hardware then forget Adaptec they just don't care about bios problems if its
older than 6 months and Silicon Image don't even register the 3112a sata
interface as one of their products anymore.

Which Adaptec controller are you using? Which bios version?