Old November 24th 06, 09:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Rodney Pont

Default Second internal HD not detected

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:52:45 GMT, Ritter197 wrote:

I cannot do that since the second disk is a IDE disk and the first with the
OS is a SATA disk.
Yes, at 1 time some weeks ago I could use the internal extra disk but I do
not remember whether it was this hard disk or another. But I tried this time
both.

I connected the second internal IDE disk with the 80 cable and have tried to
have it at the very end of the cable and also in the middle.

Either way does not work yet.

With one disc it has to be on the end of the cable and jumpered either
as master or cable select. You should also check in the BIOS that the
master is enabled for that interface. You may have some way of probing
for the drive in the BIOS.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont