Old April 17th 07, 04:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
The Lone Gunman

Default AMD cuts some processor prices by up to 48%

Tony Hill wrote:
: On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:20:34 +0200, "The Lone Gunman"
: wrote:
:: snip
snip

: Perfectly fine for Windows stuff, 2D work and whatnot. Good
: picture quality on my 19" LCD using the built-in DVI
: connection. Performance for gaming stinks though, worse than
: my old ATI Radeon 9200. I plan on making use of the
: motherboard's PCI-Express 16x slot in the near future.

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...2=101& l3=296

Hey Tony, I was hoping you'd chime in here. So you bought the exact same
board? Are you happy with it? Any caveats? WRT to the on-board graphics,
I don't really do any gaming anymore (simply don't have the time sigh),
but I do a lot of editing in Adobe Photoshop CS2. Do you think the built-in
graphics would be suitable for what I do?

On another note, what's the absolute fastest memory one could install in
this mobo, keeping in mind that stability is of primary importance? Thanks
in advance.

/TLG