Old January 31st 05, 01:57 AM
MCheu

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:28:44 -0800,
lid wrote:

Does anybody know if these exist, or are coming out any time soon?
In case you didn't get the abbr, I'm talking a dual layer DVD burner that
can do: DVD +R, -R, +RW, -RW, RAM, as well as CD +R, - R, +RW, -RW.
That said, AFAIK there is only one released standard for dual layer
burning (I think +, but I can't remember) and I'm not sure if it can do RW
or just R.
Anybody know anything about any of this?
Rumors count

Probably a bit late, and ignoring the whole argument about what's the
right way to write CD-R ("CD-R" or "CDR"), here's a recent review of
an external drive from LG that fits what you're looking for.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/176

It does all the major formats:

DVD+R
DVD-R

DVD+R DL
(presumably DVD-R DL may be addressed in a future firmware update, as
was hinted at for their internal version -- I say hinted at, because
it wasn't specifically "promised" per se)

DVD+RW
DVD-RW
DVD-RAM

CD-R