Old April 18th 04, 01:52 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

K2 wrote:
smh wrote:

I have tried various techniques of making an incremental backup CD-R
with Nero 5.5.10.54 using UDF and UDF/ISO formats. I mainly want to
backup digital camera photos as months go by, filling up one CD-R at a
time.

Look up "Data CD (Multisession)" in Nero Help.

Part of my confusion has been based on the concept that UDF is a
newer, "better" format. Apparently it's too new for some things. It
appears to be more geared to DVD recording than CDs.

Here's an article on the "advantages" of udf:
http://www.softarch.com/us/products/UDFproductlist.html

Many InCD troubles are caused by conflicts with Roxio junks, like winxp
built-in burn function, WMP burn-plugin, left-over DirectCD files, etc.

My problems with InCD are hard to figure, as it worked mostly
flawlessly until the discs reached a certain capacity. I cleaned out
all the Roxio leftovers I could.

Try Roxizap:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Check out (S11) of 'KCK' InCD trouble guide:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)

Quoting from that link: "In particular, Memorex CD-RW discs are not
recommended."

I had problems with that exact brand, so I'm more suspicious that it's
a disc quality issue.

Memorex CD-RW "reputation" is well known. Compounding the problem is
writing to faster media than the burner. For example, DirectCD allowed
that!