Old November 3rd 03, 08:03 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Now that you know about CD-Extra, Enhanced CD and Mixed-Mode, what do
you think of this? Do you recognize a poppycock?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc with no track titles
Date: 10/6/01

Videoman wrote:
Mike Richter (King Troll) wrote:
Videoman wrote:
Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Is there any way to make a CD-Extra disc and get the track information
on it?

If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with the rules for
CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles. ECDC and anything else which
complies with the standard will comply with the standard. I know that's
hard to accept, but try - real hard.

Are you implying that CD Extra can only be done TAO? How come the
newer Nero versions can do a DAO copy of a CD-Extra title? At the very
least, one should be able to burn a CD-Extra disc using two sessions
burning SAO. I don't know if most burner firmware will support CD-Text
buring using SAO.

CD Extra uses a single session with audio track(s) followed by a data
track. If there are two sessions, it is an "Enhanced CD". I know of no
way to write SAO and leave the session open. As I say frequently, I
don't know Nero.

I thought that part of the point of CD Extra, as well as "Enhanced CD"
(whatever that means), was that they could be played in both an audio
CD playback device, as well as a CD-ROM player. That would *require*
two sessions, with only the first (audio) session seen by the audio CD
player, and the last (data) seen by the CD-ROM drive. I know of many
audio CD players that refuse to play a disc containing data tracks in
the same session as the audio data.

It turns out that it requires separate tracks, not separate sessions. I
was under the same impression (for CD Extra and for Mixed Mode) until a
post in one of the newsgroups made me track down the specs. I may still
be wrong - obviously, not the first time - but that's the way I read the
specification.

Are you sure you aren't confusing mixed-mode with CD-Extra?

Nope. Or, yes I'm sure that I'm not mixing mixed-mode (data track first)
with CD-Extra (data track last).
======================

The above is supposed to be the fruit of Mikey's so-called research:

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Mixed Modes - and similar
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.

Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!