Old March 30th 21, 11:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Is it safe to order on Amazon/Ebay from China?

Xanadu99 wrote:
Shall I trust the order from Chinese supplier?
My friend told me be careful order anything from China especially nameless
supplier. She went to Vietnam and bought a lots of stuff from Korean stores. She thought everything she bought was Korean made products but it was all Chinese made products . She find out the store is owned by Chinese business operator and used korean name and korean language on their product and store name so to look appears it's from Korea, not from China. So why Chinese owner used Korean name? Simply Vietnamese people hate China so they are not buying from anything smell Chinese. I dunno some says don't order from the Chinese supplier or no difference order from US supplier.

That seems a rather "xenophobia of the week" kind
of way of doing things.

There have always been middle men. Traders.

Some add value. They vet the goods they buy.

And some don't add value. That would be Amazon and Ebay.

Take my first (and last) transaction with Amazon. They
tried a bait and switch. They pretended to have stock.
They took my credit card details. They put the credit
card through and charged the money. Then, they write back
and tell me there is no stock. And how would I like to
buy the same item, at a higher (the regular) price ?
A price where, I could drive ten minutes and get the
item at that price from a local store. It took a month
for the refund of the credit card to go through. And
Amazon got to enjoy my money for a month.

Now, how much business do you think I've done with
Amazon since then, after such shabby treatment ? Zero!

What nationality is Bezos ? He appears to be a Baldonian.
Therefore, I have decided to "hate Baldonians". Now
when I enter a small shop downtown, I check for hair first.

Paul