Old June 14th 11, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Rhino[_3_]

Default Can't make audio CD containing MP3s

Noik wrote in message ...
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:33:45 -0400, "Rhino"
wrote:

I'm trying to do something that's supposed to be fairly simple but it's
not
working. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

I am trying to make a CD containing MP3s that will play in my car CD
player
and the CD player in my home stereo.

The MP3s live on my hard drive and play fine in iTunes. My media is a
CD-RW
from Staples.

Try using CD-R rather than CD-RW media. CDRs have lower reflectivity
than stamped CDs, and CDRWs have even lower reflectivity than CDRs.
The lower reflectivity can cause problems with CD players.

I will give it a try on a CD-R just to see if it makes a difference and I'll
report back here with the result.

But I really want to be able to write onto CD-RWs if I can. I have a bunch
of MP3s that I really want to be able to play in the car without buying an
expensive new car stereo. I'd like to be able to put a bunch of MP3s on a
CD-RW, play it for a couple of weeks, then erase it and put different music
on it for the next few weeks, etc. so that I get a good variety of music
without having to buy (and store) a whole bunch of permanent CDs. If you
have any suggestions that would help me accomplish that, I'd love to hear
them.

--
Rhino