Old November 11th 05, 05:32 PM
stargazer257

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

pab1953wrote:
Help!

Hit a deadend with removing the motherboard. Guess I'll try and read

the manual.

I've removed all visible screws, including the six on the I/O ports.

Most of the MB lifts up but there's resistence on the side with the PC
card reader.

Should I remove the PC card reader? Can't see how, even though I've

removed all visible screws.I did my 2100US board last weekend so here
is what my memory serves...Remove:

six "screws" for the I/O ports on the back of the laptop (you've got
it already)

two long screws from the PCMCIA card slots.

two screws that hold the hard drive "cage"

two (?) screws that hold a metal "shield," just left of the hard
drive

two (?) screws under the shield you just removed

one (?) close to the power connector

There were 1-3 others I believe, but they were obvious.

One last one...there are three screws holding down the
heatsink/heatblock on the cpu, you need to loosen (not remove) the
ONE towards the back of the laptop. Loosening this screw removes
pressure on the metal frame at the back of the laptop. JUST DON'T
Forget to retighten it when reassembling the unit!

The only other "hang-up" I had was the audio jacks where they
penetrate through the case. GENTLE prying or jiggling the MB shoud
allow these to clear. Otherwise the MB should just lift out without
any effort. So if it is still stuck, there is still a screw to
go...

====

SG257