Old November 10th 05, 12:31 AM
stargazer257

Default Presario 2100 broken power connector

Wanziwrote:
I have a Presario 2500 w/ this exact problem... It's totally apart on
my Pool Table and waiting for the $3 part off of ebay to come in the
mail now. I used a Radio Shack solder gun @ 30 amps to remove the
old power jack which was pretty easy... now if I can just remember
how to put the thing back together after I get the part.30 amps! It
sure sounds like a lot, but I can understand it. When I removed my
connector (from a 2100) in order to replace it it was a real pain to
remove. It almost seemed to not want to draw in any heat into the
solder lug, as if I blew a breaker on the soldering iron. I was
getting a bit worried about damaging some of the small components
near the power connector due to overheating, but I finally got the
old connector off, the holes in the MB cleared and the new connector
on. Works like a champ now...

Good luck with yours...

SG257