Old September 6th 04, 01:46 PM
Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr and a copy was sent to=20
the cited author.]

In article , Martin =A9=BF=A9=
=AC =20
@mandeREMOVETHIS.plus.com says...
Greetings
=20
I'm considering getting a DVD writer to replace my CD writer and it
was suggested i get a dual layer one like the pioneer 108
What's the advantage of a dual layer dvd writer, what does it do?

It has nearly double the capacity of standard DVD. It can record on two=
=20
different layers.

There are a few drawbacks, though. DVD-DL media is currently VERY=20
expensive and hard to find, although that will improve over time. Also,=20
speeds are limited to about 4x right now.

There's a comparison of several models he
http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/20040827/index.html

--=20
All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the=20
law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross