Old May 13th 04, 06:33 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

It is not just Mike - SMH has a pathological obsessive hatred of
Roxio and their products. He was offensive to the point of obscenity
at two Roxio people who used to post and help here - when they gave
up, he transferred his diatribes to anyone he saw as in any way an
apologist for Roxio, and Mike in particular. One can kill file him -
unfortunately one cannot be rid of all the people who make follow ups
posts that quote him.

Why didn't you respond to this, Alex Nichol (MS MVP)?

===========================
From: McGrandpa
Subject: My experience: CDRW will not work without ASPI in XP
Date: 12/3/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

And Roxio and Nero have both given up using ASPI - Roxio at Easy CD
4.02; Nero fairly recently.

That is very interesting stuff.

I've used Adaptec products for years now. Currently, my old AHA2940AU
is still kicking right along, got a scanner on it right now. No
burners. So, why is it that until I DID install "xp_aspi.zp" which came
from a MS download link, I couldn't get either my Phillips CDRW1208 or
'2940AU working?

ECDC5Platinum had installed just fine, with the instructions from the
Roxio website. But it did NOT find a supported burner. I noted that XP
had found and installed the built in driver for the 2940 but there was a
warning in device manager "could not start this device". I installed
that xp_aspi.zip, which turned out to be the 95/NT Adaptec ASPI layer
4.60 build 1021. I used aspichk.exe to see what WAS in XP first...it's
Adaptec ASPI 4.57, and PowerDVD won't work with that nor will my
Phillips burner. Went through that with 98SE already.

SO, it appears that contrary to the popular statement "XP and Adaptec
don't use ASPI anymore" BOTH damned sure DO.