Old July 20th 03, 03:35 PM
Steve Wolfe

Default ASUS A7N8X and Power supply selection

Hello All,

I currently have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (Palimino core) on an MSI
K7T-Turbo2 board and I'd like to upgrade to the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
(hope this one is as good as my P/I-P55T2P4 was....) with 1 gig of
memory comprised of 2x512 Corsair XMS PC3200C2PT RAM. I was hoping to
get information on 2 things:

1) My current system uses a Sparkle 350 Watt power supply and runs
rock stable. This ps does NOT have the extra ATX 12V connector. Will I
be able to continue to use this power supply with the ASUS A7N8X
Deluxe and say a 2800+ Barton core cpu?

2) Can you use Palimino core cpu's on this ASUS A7N8X Deluxe? If so,
does anyone believe I'll see a good speed boost using my existing
2000+ and switching from PC133 RAM (896 meg) to the Dual channel DDR
400 (1024 meg)?

Thanks for any help!

Steve