Old November 29th 03, 06:05 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:
smh wrote:

Well, there's always the uninstall/reinstall 5.5.10.54.

True. I guess I'll have to reinstall 5.5.10.9 first since I only have the bundled version.

I tried the reinstall of the version that came with the drive and it was no help. Now
ISOBuster shows data written on the disc but no files.

Next I tried the update. I got an error message during the update saying:

An error has occurred during the copy process (file name: Nero neroshx.dll)
Error 32:
Please reboot your computere and retry.

I rebooted and the install of the update went okay. I tried another disc and the same
thing happened. Windows Explorer doesn't give me an error message anymore when
I click on the CD drive. It just doesn't show any files and the properties shows the
amount of space used on the disc. ISOBuster shows pretty much the same thing, space used
andno files. 9 coasters so far. ;-)

(Use cd-rw until this problem is fixed.)

NEROSHX.DLL (along with NEROCD95.VXD on win9x) implements MultiMounter.
Ahead now has MultiMounter download:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631940720275822.html
(This may already be incorporated in 5.5.10.54.)

Search for CDR4VSD.VXD and delete the ******* if found. Also, run
ROXIZAP (and pray it gets rid of all cRoxio junk):
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Uninstall Nero and then run Nero Clean Tool:
http://www.nero.com/us/ns4_631940828445001.html

The clean tool is supposed to uninstall the Nero programs for you. Are you saying I should
still uninstall Nero from Add/Remove programs and they run the Clean Tool?

From the link you gave me:
Double click the EXE file to start the program. Select the option: Clean All and then
click on the "Clean Button". All Nero programs will be deinstalled. After that please
restart your computer so all registry entries will be removed.

Running Nero Clean Tool after Add/Remove is a sort of insurance, and
should remove any remnants left behind by Add/Remove (if it works as
advertised).

Reinstall Nero to 5.5.10.54. If still problems, you still have
conflicts,
most likely with cRoxio junk.