Old November 14th 03, 07:21 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have examples of misquotes! )

Louise wrote:

Looking at various DVD RW drives, Sony amongst them. It
comes with DLA, which I gather is different from regular
packet writing software which I think is referred to as
UDF?.

How does DLA compare?

DLA stands for Drive Letter Access, a name for packet writing software.

Amazing Packet Writing Softwares - DLA & InstantWrite

===============================
From: smh
Subject: Direct CD (v3.01d) doesn't see 2nd CDRW
Date: 9/12/02

Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill) wrote:

Recently added a Philips 3210 CDRW to PC with HP 9100i CDRW, and
Direct CD refuses to see the 2nd CDRW. I see nothing in the help
screens and everything is visible and operational in Windows AND in
Nero (v5). But DCD sees only one CDRW and therefore won't allow packet
writing to the 2nd one.

Assuming that "3210" is CDRW3210s, it would be a complete waste of time.
The drive does not support packet writing and the software can't make
the hardware do what the hardware isn't designed to do.

Both Stomp's DLA and VOB's InstantWrite do packet writing with the
drive. What amazing softwares, enabling packet writing even for a drive
not designed for it !!!

cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!