Old February 14th 04, 12:53 AM
DaveW

The Asus 9800XT uses 0.8V and will work fine with that motherboard.

--
DaveW

"John Peel" wrote in message
Hi again,

as i mentioned in my last post i am about to put together my first
system. I have an Asus P4C800 E delux and am going to put into the
system my shiny new Asus 9800XT 256 graphics card.

Reading through the mobo manual i noticed a statement that the mobo is
not compatible with agp cards using 3.3volts (only 1.5v). This got me
worrying so i though i would visit Asus to find out how many volts the
9800xt uses. I cant find any info.

A quick google took me to a website forum where a guy stated that the
Asus radeon uses 3.3volts.

Does this mean i cannot use the card?

I have a Thermaltake Xaser Purepower psu 480w but if the mobo cannt
support 3.3volts then i would appear to be up the creek without a paddle.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that i am completely wrong on this. Am i?

John