Old February 13th 04, 05:36 AM
Russell

Your card is 1.5V, as are all newer 2x, 4x and 8x AGP cards. The first
generation of AGP cards that debuted several years ago were 3V, but all AGP
cards that are less than 5 years old should be fine. Don't worry, and enjoy
your new system!

Russell
http://tastycomputers.com

"John Peel" wrote in message
Hi again,

as i mentioned in my last post i am about to put together my first
system. I have an Asus P4C800 E delux and am going to put into the
system my shiny new Asus 9800XT 256 graphics card.

Reading through the mobo manual i noticed a statement that the mobo is
not compatible with agp cards using 3.3volts (only 1.5v). This got me
worrying so i though i would visit Asus to find out how many volts the
9800xt uses. I cant find any info.

A quick google took me to a website forum where a guy stated that the
Asus radeon uses 3.3volts.

Does this mean i cannot use the card?

I have a Thermaltake Xaser Purepower psu 480w but if the mobo cannt
support 3.3volts then i would appear to be up the creek without a paddle.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that i am completely wrong on this. Am i?

John