Old July 17th 20, 04:59 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mark Perkins

Default "Western Digital releases new 18TB, 20TB EAMR drives"

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 16:39:16 -0500, Lynn McGuire
wrote:

"Western Digital releases new 18TB, 20TB EAMR drives"

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020...b-eamr-drives/

"EAMR offers similar density gains to HAMR and MAMR, with less exotic tech."

Wow, that reminds of the good old Prime mini days with the $250,000
twelve platter twelve inch hard drives.

SSD is definitely coming on strong. I keep on wondering if the
holographic media is ever going to be useful.

I've been shopping for a pair of 16's lately, so I like the announcement
because it might tend to push prices down even further.