Old July 8th 03, 05:37 PM
Splontoon

I have one intake fan at the base of my case and no obstructions between
that and the cards. I've moved all my PCI cards to the bottom and left the
card slot covers off at the back of the case, so hopefully the air blown
over the GF4 card will be carried outside of the case.

Temp wise my system is relatively cool at the moment under stress so I think
I'll give this cooler a go.

Thanks for you advice!

"Gary Hegan" wrote in message
I am using one and it does a great job cooling. The reason it does is that
my two intake case fans at bottom are blow air right over the heatsink so

it
helps a lot to have good air flow in your case when your card is running

in
3D mode.

--
Regards
(-: Gary Hegan :-)

"Splontoon" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a PNY Verto GF4 TI4600 graphics card and the fan on it has an
annoying habit of spinning faster after approx 10mins. Before this

happens
my PC is relatively quiet but when the fan spins faster you can really
notice the noise increase.

So I have been looking at replacing the fan with a some form of fanless
heatsink. I came accross the Zalman ZM80A-HP which looks like it will do

the
job but I am wondering if anyone is using one of these on this

particular
card and how good it is, or even if it fits ok.

Thanks for any help.

---

---