Old May 17th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default ARIA TECNOLGY NO GOOD

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:21:24 +0100, Conor
wrote:

SNIP!

Funny that because each BY subscriber is allowed no less than four
mailboxes each comes with THREE aliases, only a fool will use their
correct name in any news group .

Only a fool would make a statement like that. Its not the use of an alias
that is the issue, it is the (in this case feeble) attempt to deceive by
making multiple postings under different names. The consistent use of a
single alias has never been an issue.

Firstly I agree in part what you are saying. I did make postings under
different alias names, and as you rightly say it was indeed a feeble attempt at
doing so. After all... I could have paid around 10 euro's like some of the
posters in here to ensure almost ambiguity in the headers of anything I post or
perhaps some other method to do so, of which there are numerous choices. I
choose not to do so as normally the integrity of any postings I make are not in
doubt.

However, unlike some, I have never used bad language in any postings I have
made. However in this instance I admit to letting my anger get the better of me
with regard to my recent dealings with Aria, in particular using multiple alias,
it was silly behaviour on my part.

There are 3 machines here which are networked together and a individual of my
family thought it funny to post a certain message perporting to be from a
foreign gentleman. All the other 3 alias used were made by myself!!

Therefore I would like to publicly apologise to users who considered my actions
to be in-appropiate.

In mitigation, I was and still am very annoyed with Aria, who I feel have
treated myself and it seems many others too, rather badly.
I have today received paperwork from my credit card company which I have signed
and returned, in order that they can affect a chargeback to Aria.

I would like to thank everyone in this newsgroup for the friendly support they
have given to me. Cheers Guys.

Kind regards

Bill (name is William)