Old July 29th 07, 07:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mary

Default which ink is likely to run out first?

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
I didn't check to see what ink set the Canon MP600 uses, but the ink use
depends upon your use. If you will be printing a lot of text, then
black is likely to be used up first.

However, if you will be printing images, depending on the ink set, the
typical use is as such:

In six color printers, the light (photo) magenta and light (photo) cyan
will be first, followed by yellow, magenta and cyan.

If it is a 4 color model, then yellow, magenta, and then cyan. The cyan
and magenta usually run out about the same time, and it depends upon
your use. If it has two black, pigment and photo black, the pigment
black gets used for text, the other black for photo or color work. It
usually lasts the longest.

I have a 4 colour model and in general, I have found the above to be true. I
have two black - (one fat and one thin cartridge). Most times, the colour
runs out first even though I use colour and black about equal times. Can you
tell me, is my fat black cartridge for photo or text?

Mary