Old May 16th 11, 01:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JD

Default Computer won't come on without beep

Metspitzer wrote:
My niece says her computer will not always start after turning it off.
She says sometimes when she turns it on, the computer will not beep
and does not start. When she tries again and the computer beeps, it
will start.

I went to see them yesterday. I opened it up and made sure the memory
was seated and the power supply wires were plugged in. She said that
it still does it occasionally.

What else could be causing this?

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.

You know what the beep is, right?

Power On Self Test or POST.

http://www.poweronselftest.com/post2.htm

Wish I could help more but "occasional" problems can be really hard to
diagnose.

--
JD..