Old September 1st 05, 10:38 AM
Hank Arnold

Have you tried tech support? The system is under warrantee....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"richards" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:28:44 GMT, "P Ruetz"
wrote:

"richards" wrote in message
. ..
I got my new 9100 a couple of days ago, and generally speaking it is
great, and I really pleased with it. It is very fast and very quiet.

I can't see any way to increase the mic gain (other than setting Voice
recording volume to the maximum, which I have done). Any suggestions
would be welcome.

I have the 9100 with the sound option you described.

Did you try selecting '1 Microphone Boost' in the mixer for the
microphone?
You can find it under the 'Advanced' options. It tried it on mine and
with
the boost on, the sound becomes completely distorted. I had to turn the
gain down to prevent saturation.

Hope this helps,
Peter

Thanks for the suggestion.
That has really helped, although the mic still does not perform as
well as it does on my older computer, which has a Sound Blastercard. I
guess it is now as good as it going to get, though.
Thanks again.
Richard