Old June 8th 19, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default Ping Paul

On Thu, 06 Jun 2019 22:41:05 -0400, Paul
wrote:

Shadow wrote:
Thank you for the code. It compiled fine under an old bcc32.exe I had
hanging around and also GCC under my current Devuan Linux.

58.880 KRDRec.exe
5.600 KRDRec.Linux (after a strip)
160.261 report_.klr.enc1
161.023 report_.klr.txt
161.023 report_.klrLinux.txt

Both txt files were identical. Note the Linux executable was
1/10th the size of Borland's. Still, both tiny, no errors - perfect.
I'll be keeping the Linux version handy to use within the
bootdisk as ./KRDRec.Linux. Then I can grep and "grope" through the
txt to my heart's content.

[]'s

You might still have to adjust the code for line
endings, depending on your preference. What I did
at the end of the code, is convert from Linux line
endings from the KAV output, to Windows line endings.
A Linux text editor can certainly accept Windows line
endings, so you don't absolutely have to fix it. I
didn't put any conditional code in there to suit the
situation, just enough code so it wouldn't be a
nuisance under normal circumstances.

Output is identical (text wise) under both OS. EOL not a
problem. Didn't try grep, haven't run another scan yet. Might need
dos2unix to fix it.

There are even a few Sysinternals utilities that get
the line endings wrong, which is something that doesn't
make a lot of sense.

Most text editors (except maybe notepad) automatically (or ask
if you want it to) convert to DOS/Windows format.

In any case, I'm glad the other poster figured out
the encoding, something I'm not good at.

I USED to be. That's what's giving me anxiety attacks. Or
maybe it's just Bolsonaro's speeches. Ugh.

[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012