Old October 10th 04, 04:43 AM
Dave C.

"WookieMan" wrote in message
news:Z_1ad.3813$gd1.851@trnddc08...
Thanks for the detailed reply. I have the shopping cart built, but I'm
going to wait another day to see if anyone else has additional or
alternate
recommendations.

BTW, I spec'd out a similar system with Dell and it was almost 2x the cost
vs. buying the parts individually, which seems contrarian. I don't mean
knock Dell - they are great for folks with limited time or hardware
knowledge and deeper pockets. ;-)

No problem. I forgot to add . . . use the floppy drive to flash the BIOS to
the latest version before installing Windows XP SP2, if that's what OS you
are going with. Then after flashing the BIOS, clear CMOS.

Yeah, my employer is buying me a Dell. (yuck) Ironically, I do most of my
paperwork at home, on the system I built for my wife, which will kick the
crap out of any Dell. I told my wife if the Dell system gives me any crap,
I'm going to accidentally run it over with my truck right before I
accidentally throw it off a cliff that I accidentally drove 50 miles out of
my way to accidentally find. -Dave