Old August 9th 15, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.periphs.printers,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Brother all in one says out of ink but there is inkprinter scanner copier fax say

micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:18:18 -0400, Paul
wrote:

micky wrote:

I found some webpages that remind me of what I used to know

If you know how Brother decides that a cartridge is necessary, or you
know aobut this particular model, MFC-J625dw that would be great, but
otherwise, I should read the webpages first and I apologize for
bothering you all.

Well, I didn't mind spending money on ink, if it would eventually work.
It was just that the two colors it said had no ink seemed to have ink in
the cartridge.

But I bought new cartridges and it's working now. The first thing it
did was tell me the third color was low.

One Amazon reviewer says to tip the printer
at 90 degrees for a few moments, so the ink
covers the LED sensor.

First I bought OEM magenta, OEM When that got rid of the magenta
warning and I knew ink was really the problem, . I bought compatible
cyan.

The cyan cartridge didn't even have the window that showed the ink in
all the oem cartridges. The window isnt' there and the room in back
of the window is not there. It's like one house has a porch and the
other house has no porch at all.

Hard to believe, in an era of chipped cartridges,
someone is still doing this. Using LEDs to sense ink.

So there must be some other way that it decides it's out of ink maybe a
chip after all.

Couldn't install much of the software, which took an hour to download,
including the OCR, unless the printer was plugged in. They don't want
everyone to have it.

Paul

Changed alt.periphs.printers to comp.periphs.printers and things should
work better now. I kept looking at the s at the end of periph and
thinking I had that wrong.

Here back to school special on Brother MFC-J475DW for 59.00.
Brother is very finicky about inks. They do too many cleaning cycles
wasting ink. You can empty ink cartridges without printing a single
page. Power off when not in use.