Old May 3rd 09, 07:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Peterthinks

Default Compaq Presario 900 can't boot USB, invisible SD card

Hello
I am trying to run a persistent skinny puppy Linux OS on a USB stick.
Live CD works just fine
There is no boot from USB in my bios options, just floppy, hard drive
and CD.

Can I add USB boot as an option? possibly upgrade the bios (WITHOUT
FRYING IT!!!)

also I can see my 14 MB camera SD card when I plug it in but my 4 Gig
SD card is invisible?
Running Ubuntu 8.1 i386 ....probably a question for the Ubuntu forum
By the way if you have a laptop like mine stick to 8.1 i386 Fiesty Fawn
distro...Jackalope is too much for it.

Thanks for your time
Peterthinks