Old August 23rd 03, 01:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Dr Ratt wrote:

no, i'd suggest not using incd/directcd at all. packet writing is
inherently unstable and flaky regardless of the software.

Are these DirectCD bugs caused by 'inherently' unstable and flaky packet
writing?

-----------------------
DirectCD 3.05
Fixes

For some recorders, it was possible to select recording speeds
that were not in fact supported.

Some older, low-speed recorders cannot correctly write high-speed
rated CD-RW media, but DirectCD would formerly allow you to try.

DirectCD now checks the media and
will reject as appropriate. === FIXED ???

DirectCD 5.3.4
Fixed:

Burn to Ultra High Speed media on non-Ultra High Speed Drives,
no longer allowed === FIX a FIX ???
-----------------------

Don't you think the above DirectCD bugs are giving a bad name to packet
writing?

The above bugs will cause this:

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: roxio direct CD
Date: 6/30/02

When DCD formats, it reads back each sector
to be sure it's well prepared.

With a mismatch, many sectors fail which means
formatting takes a looooooooonng time ...
=====================

After the "looooooooonng" time, the least you'd expect is the media is
"proven." Nah, not with DirectCD.

====================================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Help! Can't copy files to Direct CD
Date: 9/30/02

I'm having a problem with Direct CD. I think it started when I
upgraded to 5.3.1.154. I upgraded again to 5.3.1.154 SP4,
hoping that would fix it, but it's the same.

It is more likely due to a problem with your medium than with the
updates. Are you writing to erasables or write-once blanks? Your
symptoms are familiar to those trying to write fixed-length packets

to an unproven medium.
=====================================

After all that "looooooooonng" time, the medium is still "unproven" !!!

Why waste "looooooooonng" time then ???!!!

-------------------------
cRoxio - What a Joke !!!
-------------------------

=========================
From: Peter Kronenberg
Date: 10/1/02

Mike Richter (cRox**** Shill) wrote:

Are you writing to erasables or write-once blanks? Your symptoms
are familiar to those trying to write fixed-length packets to an
unproven medium.

I'm writing to the same batch of CD-R disks that I've been using
for a while.

Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!