Old September 18th 04, 11:25 PM
atwifa

just from experience: these epox boards have a habit of blowing their caps.
take a close look at the motherboard - the caps (capacitors) are the
relatively large (and usually blue coloured) tubes that stand up from the
board to about a height of 20-25mm. if the ends of these tubes are at all
swollen, then they are on the way out.

"XLR8R" wrote in message
I'm sorry for bad english, but i hope so that you will understand my
problem.

I have a problem when i want to start up a computer. I have epox 8RDA+
rev2.2 and 2500+ XP-M. When i turn on the computer POST stopped on 29! Can
you tell me where is the problem, manual was ussefull. This is manual's
description of problem:

29h - 1. Program CPU internal MTRR (P6 & PII) for 0-640K memory address.
2. Initialize the APIC for Pentium class CPU.
3. Program early the chipset according to CMOS setup.
4. Measure CPU speed.
5. Invoke video BIOS.

Computer is new. Cooler on CPU was fixed in computer shop! I mount other.

Problem is not in VGA, memory or pheriperals - that was tested!
I'm not sure for IDE controlers!!

Is it possible that my MB doesn't support mobile athlon?? I don't think so
but evrything is possible...

Does anyone know what 29h means, or where is the problem???
I think it is in CPU, but i'm waiting for your replyes.

Thanks a lot for replyes!!!