Old July 18th 20, 10:39 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Andy Burns[_6_]

Default General ramblings (with some Linux flavouring). (Was: Linuxfounder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixingreal problems')

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

Char Jackson wrote:

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

I know "could care less" is the US version of this expression

Please don't attribute that mangled expression to all of us over here.

Very sorry! Glad it's not universal in US. But I haven't seen it at all
used in UK.

I must admit I did think all Americans used the "could care less"
variation. Similarly I thought all Americans used "I'm ****ed" (which
in the UK means "I'm drunk") rather than "I'm ****ed off" but I've
started to hear the latter more now.