Old September 11th 16, 11:57 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default is my C drive dying?

In message , Linea Recta
writes:
"J. P. Gilliver (John)" schreef in bericht
news
In message , Linea Recta
writes:
[]
BTW could you explain (briefly) the difference between cloning and
restoring a drive?

[]
Cloning: turning disc B into an exact copy of disc A. Involves two

[]
Restoring: restoring a copy of a disc, from a backup you made

[]
OK thanks. I have restored more than once (successfully), but never
used the "clone" option of Macrium yet.

Glad to be of service (-:. I don't think I'd ever use clone myself,
since my restores are only when things go wrong, which with modern
hardware is (usually!) sufficiently rare that drive sizes have
increased, so I'd be restoring to a bigger drive.

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness. -Leo Tolstoy,
novelist and philosopher (1828-1910)