Old September 10th 16, 11:12 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default is my C drive dying?

In message , John Doe
writes:
"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote:

John Doe writes:

Agree with the other replies.

FWIW... For a typical user, the best setup is a fast SSD
for your primary drive and a huge conventional HDD for
your secondary drive. Forget about partitions, just make
folders on the HDD and put your clones of the SSD there.
Currently I am using 32 GB on drive C, the clones are
about 11 GB each.

For a typical user _of a desktop machine_ (or those rare
laptops that can take more than one drive), yes. For the
rest of us, we can't forget about partitions.

You must be out of the loop. All you have to do is replace
the DVD drive with an HDD adapter...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA50M2EJ4205

Then use a USB DVD drive on the rare occasion it is needed.

My main computer (this one) doesn't have an optical drive either.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

"I am entitled to my own opinion."
"Yes, but it's your constant assumption that everyone else is also that's so
annoying." - Vila & Avon