Old December 14th 16, 10:23 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default E510 Goes Black When Desktop Comes Up

In message 8, Boris
writes:
"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in
:

[]
down (partially). If you get to the point where you've entered the
password, but not pressed return, and unplug the monitor (VGA
connection or something fancier?) at that point, do the keyboard and
mouse lights stay on? If they do, press return (with the monitor still
disconnected), and see if they _still_ stay on. This _might_ tell us
something.

I elminated the need for a password, so that's not a problem anymore.
But, it still turns off under other circumstances.

Other than powersaving (which presumably you can wake up from, or
disable), have you determined what those circumstances are?
[]
I got rid of all my CRTs long ago. Too bulky, and I have lots of LCDs
now.

I still have one or two - they can sometimes help with circumstances
like this.
[]
Unfortunately, Boris says the "problem also exists in all Safe Modes"
(his capitals).

Yes.

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

So, Heresy be damned (well, it would be, wouldn't it?).
Radio Times 24-30 July 2010 (page 24)