Old January 25th 16, 08:55 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default What extension for a print to file?

In message , Micky
writes:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 18:37:58 -0600, Paul in Houston TX
wrote:

Micky wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 09:11:17 -0500, Big Al wrote:

something like this
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

Installing it now. Thanks

btw, pdfcreator will allow saving/printing to about 10 different formats.

Is that ten different kinds of PDF, or ... ?

I saw that it did 4. Ten is reallllly good. but I havent' had
occasion to use it yet.

I'm going to make an effort again to fix that Brother all-in-one laser
(which came with a spare tube of toner), and that will involve
printing to a file, which will use pdfcreator. But much of the

AIUI, printing to a file doesn't have to use something like PDF creator;
the basic print to file function just sends the raw data that would go
to the particular printer, to a file instead. [Quite how, in XP onwards,
you subsequently send that data to the printer, I don't know: in DOS
days I'd have used "copy /b ... PRN:", but ... (-:]

incentive is gone since I got the Samsung laser working and bought a
new drum/toner to go with it, which came in the mail yesterday. And
all of the impatience is gone since now I've been printing my xword
puzzles on the Samsung and not wasting inkjet ink, esp. color ink to
print black and white puzzles.

Indeed!

(Have you looked into refilling toner cartridges?)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

After a typical day at the BBC you want something to take your mind off work,
although in the end, decent people being eaten alive by heartless monsters
running amok proved no distraction. - Eddie Mair, RT 2015/7/4-10