Old January 14th 16, 07:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
micky

Default What wears out in an HDD?

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 13:11:40 -0500, Paul wrote:

The only drives currently which are completely
sealed, are the Hitachi helium drives. (I don't know
if anyone else makes a helium drive yet or not. There
isn't a lot of helium to be wasted any more. The price
is getting quite high.)

Where I live, a dollar store sells helium baloons for a dollar.

I see people buy 5 at a time. It's terrible and such a waste. You
can learn all you need to know from one balloon.

There should be a 3000% excise tax on helium.