Old January 14th 16, 03:11 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Big Al[_3_]

Default What extension for a print to file?

On 01/14/2016 08:35 AM, Micky wrote:
I'm not able to print to my newly installed Brother black and white
laser printer so I printed to a file instead. From Firefox.

It asks what the name of the file is, and I don't konw what extension
to give it.

Things were the same with my fully functioning Brother AIO, I don't
knolw what to name the file and the 200 page manual doesn't say a word
about that.

When I gave it a .jpg extension, it was described as damaged or
corrupted. I know it wouldn't take a bribe so it must be damaged, or
I named it wrong.

What extension for a print to file?

Normally one would do something like add a print to PDF driver. This
would then by default just print (save) to a .pdf extension without
asking you, it's the only option since it's a narrow minded program.

something like this
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Once installed it makes a print driver you just pick from any print
dialog. The resulting PDF file can be printed later if you have your
printer working, or moved to another machine that prints and print from
there. Or just saved for later viewing and use. Paperless office!