Old March 9th 08, 06:50 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc
JANA

Default Problems connecting an old HP LaserJet 2100 to an XP Pro machine

Your printer requires a true by-directional port. Get a parallel printer
card, and install it in to the computer. I am sure that the printer will
work. I have been through this with a similar printer.

A second solution, but more expensive is to get a network to parallel
printer adaptor and a router. Connect the computer as a network machine and
connect the printer to the router via the adaptor.

My first suggestion is the cheapest and easiest.

--

JANA
_____

"Henry Ross" wrote in message
A colleague has just bought a new computer and is struggling to connect his
LaserJet 2100pcl6 (yes, I know it's old!). Because it only connects via an
LPT cable and the new machine doesn't have an LPT port, he's got hold of an
LPT-USB adaptor and plugged it into his USB port.

Windows XP Pro SP2 recognises it and prints a test page, but it won't print
anything else (such as a Word document). Under the properties he's selected
the USB port, and the print processor shows "WinPrint" and RAW data type.

Can anyone suggest what else he might be able to do to get this bloody thing
working, or is he going to have to buy a new printer?

Many thanks.

TrentSC