Old July 18th 03, 03:58 PM
Steve Pearce

"Broox" wrote in message .com...
On my motherboard i have a WiFi slot under my PCI slots. I read that it
takes wireless network cards to hook up to a wireless 802.11b card. But when
i look for any WiFi cards online, they all go into PCI slots, or are for
notebooks! what goes in this slot? the slot looks like a smaller black ide
slot. i'm confused ~Brooks~

Almost certainly a PCMCIA card (i.e. the card that would plug into a
notebook). I recently added a Netgear PCI card to a system, but I
could have used a PCI adaptor + PCMCIA card as an alternative. I chose
the PCI card because it had a proper adjustable aerial.