Old January 22nd 04, 01:46 PM
Wayne Youngman

Default Need a Kick-Ass Case!

Hi,

I have just sold my 4 months old AMD system which was housed in an ANTEC
SX630II Mini Tower case. I did like the ANTEC but it was my *Value* option.
I intend to build a new system (AMD I reckon) but this time I want to
push-the-boat-out with the Case + PSU.

I am an overclocker, I like ABIT mobos and Radeon Graphics. I want to use
at least 4-6 hard drives + assorted optical drives.

So far the thing I want to try the most is this *removable* mobo tray but I
am not sure if this works as I think it might?. The thing I didn't like
about my ANTEC case was that it was a tight fit with My ABIT NF7-S and it
was impossible to mount the HSF (AERO7 LITE) when the mobo was inside the
case, so I had to attach the HSF on the mobo outside the case then lift the
bare mobo (with HSF attached) and fumble-finger it down into the case, no
fun at all. This meant that if I wanted to swap out HSF or try a new CPU I
would literally have to disassemble my ENTIRE PC, screws out from Mobo and
everything! what a PAIN!. I do not know of a way to take the HSF on/off
while the mobo was inside my case as the clip for the HSF was facing the
inside. . towards the PSU, so yeah I could remove the PSU to unclip the HSF
but still a pain.

If I had a case with *removable* mobo holder tray, would I be able to slide
the mobo in/out with a HSF attached? If so this would be *Kickass* but I'm
not sure if this is possible? If I can't do this then I see little point in
having a *removable* mobo tray?

So with this in mind, I am looking for these features in my new case:

1) Aluminium - To help system cooling
2) Removable Mobo Tray - To help make frequent HSF/CPU changes as painless
as possible
3) External USB2.0 ports - Preferably that will connect to my mobo easy
4) Space and Cooling for several HDDs
5) Plenty Fans - Blowhole on top is desirable

= = = = = = = = = = =
So far I am very tempted to get this case:
CoolerMaster Praetorian PAC-T01-E1 - Silver (£94.17)
http://tinyurl.com/3dghv
= = = = = = = = = = =
Of course I would need to power my new system. My best PSU choice so far is:
ANTEC TrueBlue 480 Watt PSU (£76.36)
http://tinyurl.com/2lsy4
I have a blue theme goin on, even though I have no side window in my spec.
TOTAL: £170.53
Thanks for reading, I am quite new at deluxe cases so maybe you could lend
me your experience
--
Wayne ][