Old September 15th 03, 11:08 PM
y_p_w

wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:02:48 GMT, "Allen_L"
wrote:

Bubba Gump wrote:
On 13 Sep 2003 16:27:48 -0700,
(y_p_w) wrote:

Are there any means of verifying that the CDR has no errors? I'm
running Windows ME, and I do have Norton SystemWorks 2003. I
couldn't find anything that would allow me to verify a CDR for
errors.

Ghost has a verify function.

I use this program, CDCheck found at:
http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/helplin...elpfn=overview

Does a good job and more.

...Allen

Ahead's Nero Toolkit has cdspeed that will check both the files and
the surface of cdrs. It is best to run the test on another drive
besides the burner. You can also get cdspeed tester he

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

Thanks. I have a few CDRs that I've burned only to find out the
media may not be perfect, or there were pits/scratches on the read
side I didn't notice before I burned them. I've also scratched a
few CDs, and I'd like to see if the data is intact. I'm just
looking for something that'll check the integrity - I don't know
if there's parity or checksums encoded in CDR data.